04 January 2009

Day 4 of 2009

LOL!!! I just realized that my titles look as though I am saying 2009 days... how funny.

I did not do so very much today ~ I did the whole day for the horses, my barn Land Lady had an emergency that kept her busy all day. I'm okay with it, she has covered for me more than once lately.

I have a beef about how some folks do their snow plowing ~ and it is truly a hazard. I do not understand why they think it is okay to blow their driveway accumulation out into the road ~ one, the county plow just pushes it alll back into the very end of the driveway, making these HUGE burms that have to be redone, and two? It is a hazard for the cars travelling up and down the road. As it is, most roads are pretty much down to one lane, so pushing the snow back out on the one lane makes it worse...

And the people that are the biggest offenders are the ones that complain the loudest about the counties' inability to do THEIR roads right.

fools.

okay ~ I did NOTHING today except take care of the horses. Slept a bit, read blogs, did emails, watched the cats be cats (B.C is not the brightest light in the universe) and FINALLY caught Harley hauling the rugs out into the snow ~ Duly punished him, but I do not think that it sunk in that I do not want the rugs outdoors. It didn't sink in (yet) that I do not want him to chew said rugs either, so my expectations are pretty low for him.

That could be my problem with him... no expectations? **sigh**

Lonely tonight for some reason, but I do not feel like talking to any one really. I do not want to come across as "needy" ~ that gets translated into "loser" waaaaaaaay to easy, and as I have a hard time with already knowing that I am a loser for being where I am at right now (yes, in everything) I do not want to add to that. SO!! I sit and be lonely, and try like hell not to eat everything in sight.

:p

We are under a "weather warning" for snow tonight. Oh yay. (not) It is only supposed to be 10 inches??? that is NOTHING compared to what we had by this time last year, and when I was younger, it wasn't unusual to get upwards of three FEET in one night. Those days are long gone I am afraid, lost to global warming and all that.

Worst part is always up on the Plateau ~ where the wind can make it dangerous ~ not only the wind chill but the drifting snow ~ I remember a few times when the road was obliterated by the drifts, and the draws would be filled in, but they'd swallow your car if you went off.

Scary stuff, and my girls are up there. I do NOT like it one little bit. zero. But as I can not offer anything better, I have to live with it.

At least until viggo buys me our house in the rockies someplace...

**sigh** yeah. house.

**shrug** weirder things HAVE happened, right?

so viggo ~ I'm off to knit, or stitch or something. Call me when you are ready for bed!

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment