13 November 2008

heavy rain, and working out in it...

To anyone that has been watching the news, this is no news. The PNW was hit very hard in the past 24 hours with the pineapple express out of the sea of japan ~ Means that moisture from an old typhoon rode in on the jet stream, directly over the top of the Cascade Mountains.

It was UGLY. We got 4+ inches of water in 24 hours, something we usually do in January every year, not November. Fortunately, it is warm outside so the ground is soaking up what landed on it, and the rivers have already crested ~ neither of the local ones at or above flood stage. Working out in the downpour to make sure everything was winter ready soaked through every coat I own ~ my rain gear has finally given up the ghost, (note to self... order new) and I got wet through the seams on my shoulders. I've only had that particular set since 1977, so I can not figure out why it would be worn out??

O.o **shrug**

heh... :p

It is still kind of ugly, everything dripping wet, water standing in the low spots still. The horses had to spend the night in the big field with just the lean to ~ the barn (75 years or so old) sits in a low spot, and there is always a chance that the river will go through ~ so, we transfered the beasts, filled the spare feed trough in the lean to with enough hay to feed twice the amount of horses that were there, and then opened up the barn ~ picking up everything on the lower floor, leaving the stall gates open for any debris to flow right through.

The barn didn't flood, so this morning I let everyone back in the main field, and now they are eating in the regular manager, on the side of the barn away from the wind. I didn't have any carrots this morning, so I was a bit snubbed... brats. ;)

Took landladys' mother to the airport in the city last night, it was a tiring and a SHIT drive. Glad to do it though, it left my landlady free to wait the arrival of her spouse... they've not seen one another in about a month, he drove in from AK arriving last night while I was taking the mom unit to fly home to AK. :)

They were not even out of bed this morning when I called to let LL know that I'd put everyone back where they belong.

heh... I can't blame them, a month is a very long time!!!

So, the mini crisis has passed, and I must get on with the work situation. It is more for my own sanity than anything, my mother ticked me off for the very last time. She can now stew in her own soup, ya know?

I'm tired, maybe me and the dogs will go for a walk, then a nap.

Wish I knew what was wrong with me, this constant tiredness can not be right.

But then, it has been like this for a LONG time... just is bothering me today, ya know?

off to the races.

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment