14 December 2008

**YAHHHWN**

Sorry about that! I am still having a hard time with going to bed at 11:30 or so, then getting up at 6:30 to go take care of the horses. I can not speak to anyone elses' horses, but mine expect to be fed at about the same time every day... and they are not so grumpy when I do, ya know??? That said, I managed this morning to crank myself out of the warmth of quilt cocoon by 7:15 and get on the road by 7:25.

the ten minute delay was the dogs ~ it is to cold to leave them in the yard while I feed.

**YAHWN**

Two standard cups of coffee and an hours worth of emails later, I am STILL not completely awake, and it is nearly time to go put the beasts out in the big pasture. There is not going to be much to eat/do up there today, the snow is about eight inches or so. Under the trees should be fine I think, though dry and pine needle-ee. needly? Needlely?

**snort** I just freaked the speel check out. :)

I don't think I will do much today in the way of things here at the house. We've one more show tonight, so I will need to take a nap this afternoon I imagine ~ then I've three days off. (YAY!!) Tomorrow (monday) I need to go to the city for animal stuff, then I will go on up to the hinterlands to see T3k in her Christmas concert tomorrow night ~ but I will stay up there for the night. The cold will be intense, and they are expecting wind ~ blizzard conditions are particularly nasty in the dark, and up on the Waterville Plateau there is nothing to stop the wind ~ I've seen it look like a completely flat white plain, it can fill in some of the smaller coulees, making it doubly dangerous to drive. I find it cool, (though odd) that our school up there has plans in place for the outlying students to stay in town if the drifts get to big.

Cool, but scary at the same time, ya know? One of those "it makes me nutz" things, because I live so far away.

Got to go put my pony out in his field.

:*

10:30 p.m the same day...

I am home for the evening now, it is a whopping 9 degrees outside, and I got sooo cold at work ~ I am on my third cup of cocoa, and the dogs are lying ON my feet, and the cats are trying to share my lap. the goofy things.

I hope the Budman is okay for the night ~ he has his barn and all, but still. 9 degrees!!! that is what... minus 12 or something centigrade...

erk.

so. see you in the morning, bright and early to feed the horses...

**shiver** I am going to suit up completely for that!!!

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment