07 January 2009

and on the SEVENTH day of TWO THOUSAND NINE...

I shoveled water.

Almost makes me sound...what? Noah-ish?

I mean it quite seriously, I was literally shoveling water today. And at a pound per pint, it was not an easy thing.

It was odd. The problem is that the snow that had been in the drive soaked up about 100 times its weight of rain water ~ and then just sat there, looking very much like snow until I stepped out to go feed the horses. I sunk into the wet half way up the calf of my leg ~ I was more than pleased that I took the time to put on my muck boots before I went out.

I would have drownt my shoes. :) And I could not have EVEN gotten out of the drive way with my poor little front wheel drive. (the Ranger is off with my mom)

In case you have been wrapped up in your own weather woes and not been looking at the news, we are, yet again, being threatened with some very serious flooding. Most of Western Washington is currently under water ~ here in Eastern Washington, we are just surrounded by it, with a few of the lesser creeks beginning to top their banks.

Biggest problem is that the barn where the budman lives is in a low spot, right at a big bend in the Icicle River ~ so today to try and keep my hay, I moved said hay, putting it up about three feet in the air. All of that AFTER I shoveled the water out of our driveway ~

I am gonna hurt tomorrow.

Wa HOO. :p

At this moment it is still raining, and not supposed to stop until this time tomorrow night. I hope it stops before it gets cold so I can take the various burms and dams formed by the slush out of the way before they freeze solid ~ other wise my car may be stuck in the drive until the spring thaw.

I am hoping that the horses have the sense to move to the upper pasture if their barn gets to wet ~ My Barn LandLady will keep an eye on things, and we moved an entire bale of hay to the shed in the upper pasture to entice them up there ~ it will all be good. Last time there wasn't any snow, they do not care for the snow...

I worry so much about things, most likely will sleep very badly tonight because of the flooding.

**sigh**

Come on viggo, lets get to bed early... we may have to do horse rescue in the middle of the night!

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment