10 March 2009

Daylight savings...

I don't know why, but daylight savings seems to really throw a monkey in the wrench works... I can't get myself together for about a month after the States switch ~ upsets the apple cart enough that I just want to scream some days in frustration. I mean...bad enough that I do not function to well on a daily basis, but to have to get up an hour earlier than my body can handle ~ it sucks pretty bad.

Guess I do not have to get up, but the world would frown upon this... especially my critters, though making the switch is hard on them too ~ especially the horses.

Sunday morning was not to bad on them. we were an hour late, making it right on time for them ~ they are up and waiting, and when they saw the car, they lined up at the fence to nicker and gab like always.

Yesterday morning though, we got over to the barn "on time" (an hour early) and not a one of the horses was even awake. When they heard the car, they all came dragging around the manger side of the barn with this "whats going on?" look on their faces...totally unready for food and human interaaction...

Funny how they are on a schedule, and it is very apparent when you deviate from that schedule ~ Budman still wasn't eating when we left the barn yesterday, he was standing by the hay pile, sniffing at it a bit, like he was wondering what exactly happened... :)

Have a lot to do today, there are no new jobs to apply for, so I am going to go continue the task of sorting out the extraneous stuff at the storage unit. It will keep me busy for the day, and the kid can have use of the computer without feeling like I am getting upset with her because I need the internet...

so... I'm off to feed the horses, and then I think I am going to break down and have another cup of coffee. Though I may change my mind ~ it is a gorgeous sunny day today out there ~ though COLD ~ it is 10F on the front porch. Very low for this time of year!

Go ahead and stay in bed Viggo, I'm gonna be cold when I get home...

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment