09 March 2009

for the joy of it...

Lately in the mornings, Little Kitty has gone into nutzo mode, ripping about the bedroom like she is on crack ~ up the walls, up the chair, across the bed, over me, under me, (desk chair), into the window, out of the window...

(lather, rinse, repeat)

Today, it seems be a particularly bad case of "the RIPS" ~ and I have come to the conclusion that she is doing this for the sheer joy of running about ~

I also am realizing as I type that I have accommodated her eccentricities by moving, covering or putting away anything that can be maimed, broken or any other bashed apart action word.

When she tires of the game, she comes back to my chair and taps my leg ~ her signal for "up" ~ where she snuggles under my neck and purrs like well tuned engine...

Only until the next round of rips kicks in, and then she is off ~ running about with great abandon, going through her morning with all the happiness a cat can have.

I'm pretty sure there is a lesson in that somewhere...

Go do something today just for the joy of it, okay?

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment