10 May 2009

The joke is on US

Today is the beginning of another week, and this one will be taken up with getting ready for our first ever, ( most likely ONLY) yard sale.

I am not sure that I will sell anything, I don't know what kind of prices to put on stuff, and... yeah.

**sigh**

The garden space is now completely ready to go (thanks to my older sister) ~ I can not work that closely with our mom, and my sis is very understanding of this... She does most of the "building' work with mom, and then I pick up and make the stuff fly.

I don't know for sure why my mother won't actually listen to me, even though I say EXACTLY the same things that everyone else does. **shrug** not that big of deal.

So... I went over tonight to feed the horses, which I do not have to do really, I just go over and say hello... there is plenty of grass in the upper pasture ~ And from the house, I hear...

"Hi Sue!"

"We have pie, you want some?"

me, I seldom turn down a slice of pie ...wait... come to think on it, I do not recall ever turning down a slice of pie...

At any rate, I go in to have pie...

I shoulda turned it down.

It was ... RHUBARB.

Now, I think that God made Rhubarb as a joke upon the world...He just put it there, just to see if we would eat it ~ he even let Adam name the stuff, telling him to call it a word with a weird spelling just to confuse us more.

And we, humans, being the foolish types we are, we DO eat the Rhubarb, even though there is NO earthly way to make THE Rhubarb taste good.

Anyone know of ANY recipe that not simply an attempt to disguise the stringy nasty stuff ~ whether it be in a ton of sugar, in a crust (with a ton of sugar) or (worst ever)... pickled?

I mean... SERIOUSLY. Even the deer, the pigs of all things green, won't eat it...point in fact, the lady with the pie ~ she plants Rhubarb around the edges of her garden to keep the deer OUT!

My insides (yes, I ate the pie) are not going to be right for the next week...that stuff does nasty things to a persons ... er... uh... systems... :P

**yawn** Well, I'm winding down, I'll see you tomorrow.

Come on Viggo, it is time for bed.

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment