21 December 2008

Winter Solstice

Today is the shortest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere ~ and I have done nothing today but SHOVEL freaking SNOW.

It is not that there is so much of it, our drive way is less than two car lengths...it is just that I am tired, and old, and it takes me forever to finish it...

I have a snow blower, but it stinks up my air, and is LOUD, and makes me hurt just as bad as if I had done it all by myself with just a shovel...

Only thing is that it IS faster.

**sigh**

Okay, now that I have finished my whinging...

It is snowing, and as it is nearly 13 degrees Farenhiet, the flakes are huge and piling up fast. (yes, I will have to shovel my self out again to feed the horse) It is a gentle snow, without any kind of hurry about it ~ just the slow float to the ground, to cover the earth up for its' winter nap.

I love it when it snows like this, everything slows down, and takes its' time on its way to where ever...

Now that I have had time to ponder this, I know that I have been feeling frantic ~ why, I do not exactly know. I think it may be that I feel the extra from other people around me, like their energy bleeds over into me, and I get the rushies along with everyone else.

Which, I might add, is really kind of silly. Okay... amend that to STUPID. I haven't any money, therefore do not have to go out and buy gifts, nor do I have a real job, so I do not have to deal with the grumpies that people generally seem to have this time of year...

So... yeah. I can slow down, take care of business, and do what I really should have been doing all the life long ~ celebrating the turn around of the year, the birth of the Christ child, and the long sleep that renews the earth...

yeah. The IMPORTANT things that come with this time of year.

Can you say "DUH" ??????

Happy Winter Solstice everyone. Take the time to celebrate the lengthening of the days, and the rebirth of the year.

Bless all that celebrate Advent, it is the fourth Sunday... time to light the pink candle on the wreath.

come on viggo ~ we've lanterns to make before it gets dark. I'm glad for the snow, we can leave them lit alllll night!

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment