15 March 2009

Lazy day

It is snowing here in the great Northwest... I live about 108 miles by road from Seattle, across the Cascade Range ~ and it began this morning shortly before I went to feed the horses.

It is currently the middle of the afternoon, and we've gotten a full six inches of the stuff in our front yard.

A front yard, less than 24 hours ago, that had zero inches of the white stuff in it...

**sigh** Seems as though the seasons are having a pretty bad time trying to figure out what they are going to do ~ I wonder if that is a part of global warming?? I'd bet that it is... though I am old enough now to remember such storms ~ in the good old days of my childhood, we'd have phenomenon like this ~ though usually there was a whole lot more snow left on the ground to boot.

Because of the snow, it has been a fairly lazy day. I sorted a box, putting the things to keep away, or in a new stackable box to return to storage, and putting the un-needed things in the box for donation. There is some really nice things going out, I am thinking that I will again do a box for the womens' shelter ~ I found my old maternity clothes, I very nearly dropped dead when I saw them. I'd always intended to have more children, but that ended when my now ex-husband blew my world apart with his stupidity...

I've two extra beds now too, I am hoping that I can get someone to come get the silly things. For some odd reason it is way easier for me to see the stuff hauled away than it is for me to deliver stuff ~ I have no idea why. Guess I am just weird that way.

Making Beans and Cornbread (ala Pioneer Woman Cooks) ~ lovely and easy (so far) recipe that makes the house smell WONDERFUL. I'll start the cornbread here in a few ~ you know, I've never done beans of any kind from scratch, my best recipe so far has always been Bushes Beans ~ I do not think I can match those... **shrug** I suppose I shall see how PWs' beans go over. :)

**sigh**

Wanted to go to church today, and I hope I am forgiven for it, but I was so out of energy ~ I barely made it over to feed the horses ~ point of fact, I would have sent the kid on her own if it was legal to do so...

I hope she gets her license soon! She is a perfectly GOOD driver, way better than her sisters, she just lacks confidence.

She is like that in all endeavors actually... **sigh** My fault I am sure. :p

I've spent the remainder of my day making dish cloths ~ cotton dish rags in every conceivable color of the rainbow. If I could figure out how to put the pictures in the MIDDLE of a post, I would ~ blogger isn't to co-operative in that sense. I give them away a lot... :) if anyone out there is reading this thing, drop me an email and I will send you one. (check the profile for the email!)

By the by, they are eco friendly in the sense that they biodegrade completely... found one left outdoors over the winter and there was only bits of it left.

:)

Got to run down and stir my beans, and figure out when I need to start making the cornbread.

Hope you're proud of me Viggo, there is homemade beans for dinner tonight!

:*

No comments:

Post a Comment